The Audi R8 exhaust system is one of the components of the vehicle, which motorists are paying the least attention. Usually, begin to think of the muffler when the sound becomes “sports,” and the car starts to seem like a bass drum or a herd of horses. When the sounds begin to reach levels of the Formula 1, we run to the store for spare parts and frantically looking for a free car wash.
In practice, the Audi R8 exhaust system is one of the most active in the vehicle, working in extreme conditions – high-temperature amplitudes of strong vibrations, internal and external corrosion, and attacks by stones, dirt, water, and alkali in the winter.
In modern cars muffler is not just a “pot,” and performs some important functions:
- It minimizes engine noise
- It reduces harmful levels of carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides, and unburned hydrocarbons
- It directs exhaust gases bypassing the passenger compartment;
- Optimizes engine performance by providing a continuous and even flow of exhaust gases from the engine.
Audi R8 Exhaust System
On vehicles with a front engine, exhaust system extends over its entire length, and contains the following key components:
- Collector – usually made of cast metal and directs the hot exhaust gases from the cylinders of the engine in the pipe:
- Exhaust Pipe – she carries the gases and vapors from the reservoir to the other components of the exhaust system:
- Catalytic Converter – converts harmful gases produced by the engine into harmless carbon dioxide and water vapor. This is an important system in the car; we paid special attention to our theme ” The catalytic converter – the device and the problem “
- Mufflers – front, middle and rear. Their main function is to reduce the sound to a normal level. They provide the correct flow of exhaust gases through the exhaust system without limiting the dynamic characteristics of the engine:
- Rear Pipe – is used for removal of exhaust gases away from the passenger compartment, prevents the ingress of gas into the passenger space.
Environmental tests clearly show that the damage to the exhaust system increases two to three times the emission levels from the engine.
Damage to the system, in addition to the annoying sound effects, is a very real danger of penetration into the interior of toxic gases, which can seriously damage the health of the driver and passengers.
Malfunction of the exhaust system can reduce the engine power and the vehicle dynamics. To be a sure proper operation, If the exhaust system doesn’t check on a regular basis, there’s a risk of damage in the most unexpected moment. The fact that damage to the exhaust system 10 is one of the reasons that cause the tow required.
Some Tips On How To Extend The Maximum Life Of The Exhaust System
Avoid short journeys – at low temperature, condensation occurs water vapor on the internal components of the system. Water interacts with some compounds present in the exhaust gas, it forms an acid, and a turn causes severe corrosion, significantly reducing the lifetime of the system.
Avoid driving in difficult road conditions – sand, mud, stones, salt water on the road surface, all of which can cause damage to the exhaust system. If hot parts of the system into the water or touch the snow, there is fast-shrinking, weakening the welds and components seals.
When repairing choose high-quality spare parts and qualified service. This can ensure that the Audi R8 exhaust system would last for a long time, to avoid defects in the operation and installation is performed correctly, the right tools to meet the required distance to the body and suspension elements.
Champion Motorsport offers a high-quality TUBI exhaust system for Lamborghini, AUDI, Ferrari and Porsche. They have an extensive range of Audi R8 Exhaust and Ferrari 488 Exhaust System helps the performance of your vehicle.
Visit website: www.Championmotorsport.com
Call Toll Free number: (800) 775-2456